Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fourteeners

The only time I'm fully safe is when I'm all alone;
I don't deny that this is paranoid of me to think.
I think it's just a symptom of how strange my life has grown,
Or maybe just how deep it's possible for me to sink.
The constant buzzing in my empty ears seems to imply
That I am followed, though I cannot tell who'd dare so much;
But since my senses tell me that, and almost never lie
(At least I'm pretty sure they don't), I'm far too scared. If such
Is to be, or have been, my fate, to die in company
Then all this buzzing serves me as a guide to my distress;
But if it isn't, and I will survive successfully
It's just annoyance on the road to my final success.
I hope the latter, fear the first, and therefore I'll be clear:
It may not be the safer way, but don't you come too near.

No comments:

Post a Comment