Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fourteen Decorators

I think it should be purple, and you will not disagree
And if you do I hope that you're ashamed of being so
Obtuse and silly, for you ought to know that this will be
A choice I make alone and only for myself. Don't go
And say it should be green or gray, or cyan or chartreuse;
I do not wish to listen to such obvious deceits.
It's my decision and it's purple I have come to choose:
Objecting is a folly, and to do so just completes
The sense I have that you are merely seeking contraries.
If purple's such a problem, then just close your eyes and think
It's something else: but I assure you no demands or pleas
Will make me alter my decision, knuckle down, or blink.
Purple is and purple will be everything I want:
Who'd be quite that silly - to want silver for a font?

No comments:

Post a Comment